Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Day of Fishing With My Best Friend

            Throughout this whole summer I have discovered so many new ponds that I will be able to fish from. I was never really into this entire pond fishing thing before, because I honestly had no idea that there were so many ponds around this area. But one day, after a tragic breakup with a guy I was going out with for a long time, my friend Brandi texted me and she asked me if I wanted to go out and go fishing with her. Fishing is obviously my favorite thing to do, and what better way to get your mind off of everything than to go out and go fishing!

 Brandi is my best friend; I’ve known her for about a year and a half now. We went to school together and we almost had every class with each other! We also went over to the skill center together, and were in the same class there as well. The dental program, which we both hated, but she’s still planning on pursuing her dream to become a dental assistant, which is fantastic! I think Brandi and I get along so well is because we are both so much alike. We both have our own little farms at our houses; hers consists of goats and a horse, while mine has pigs, chickens, and turkeys. That’s just something we have in common, and always go to each others houses just to see one another’s animals.
             
After she asked me to go fishing I said yes, so she said that she would come pick me up in a little bit and we’d have to stop off at the store to get worms. She came and picked me up, and we were on our way to go fishing. I had no idea where we were even going! Come to find out there’s a pond at the end of the road that my ex boyfriend lives on, and that’s where she took me to go fishing. She didn’t mean to hurt me or anything like that, by driving past his house to get to this pond; this was just some place that her and her boyfriend always went fishing at. It was a cute little pond in the middle of these woods, but the creepy thing was there was this odd family camping by the side of the pond which really freaked me out.  
           
So we got out there, and we got our poles all ready to cast out there. But the spot we were standing by was so weedy, out lines kept getting caught. Brandi even lost one of her boyfriend’s new lures! It was kind of a horrifying experience, to say the least. We didn’t stay there for long at all, we left there after about twenty minutes then we went to Northwood’s in Pinconning to get her boyfriend Chase a new lure. After we did that, she asked if I still wanted to go fishing, and I said well of course, why not? So she decided we were going to go to Chase’s house in Standish to go fishing on the river behind his place. Chase and his family were all up north camping for the weekend anyways, so it was just me and Brandi trying to actually have a good time fishing. The first cast I threw out got stuck in these weeds pretty bad, guess what? Lost another one of Chase’s lures, pretty sure he wasn’t going to be happy with us when he got back from camping!
           

As we were walking around we found Chase’s brothers little pedal boat. Brandi and I put that into the water and just pedaled around for a while, and we just talked for hours. It was such a nice time, to just be with my best friend and get rid of all my thoughts and worries. We never did catch anything during this little fishing trip, but it was still one of the best fishing experiences that I’ve ever had and I will never forget it! With this fishing experience, I learned that you need to appreciate the little things in life while they last. Coming from the fact that I now have a job, school, and a serious boyfriend it’s hard to make time for things, while Brandi also has a good job and plenty of other things going on in her life. We haven’t got to see each other at all this summer, but I know I can still count on her for everything. Maybe, this winter we’ll both have some time off to go ice fishing together! 
And this is just a photo of Brandi and I on the pedal boat that day we went fishing together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment