Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Forever and Always Daddy's Little Girl

            When I was younger, I used to go ice fishing with my dad all of the time. My dad was my best friend, he still is to this day, we just don’t spend as much time together as we used to. I’d always be at his hip, we would always build things together, and work on his old truck together. At the old house we used to live at, my dad and I built this huge two story play house, and we built a shed for my dad together. Now my grandma lives in that house, and we live in a new house. I began to get older and I didn’t always want to spend time with my dad, which I now realize was a huge mistake on my part. Now that I have school, work, and a boyfriend there’s rarely ever a day where I’m at home with my family.

            So last winter I decided I was going to try going ice fishing again, after I haven’t gone since I was around 10ish. My dad, brother, and I got everything together and we went out and spent the day on the ice together, and it was a blast! I’m so glad that I got to make time to go spend with these guys. We ended up going out on the ice every weekend that my dad had off, and if we really wanted to go we went after he got home from work a couple of times. Whenever we went out we really didn’t catch much, but a few perch here and there. We seen a couple good sized walleye one time, but they were not interested at all. There were even a couple of times this past winter to where my dad and I just got to go out on the ice together. That was a lot of fun, my dad is so great to talk to he’s so understanding, and he always has the best advice.

            This upcoming winter I am going to do my best to go ice fishing with my father, because it is something we can both enjoy and we also get to spend some quality time together. My family only had the chance to take the boat out once this summer, so that’s why I’m really looking forward to ice fishing because its not as hectic as it is trying to get everything ready for the boat. When you go ice fishing you just have to get a few things together and throw it in the back of the truck, while taking the boat you have to worry about the boat and the boat motor and just way too many things.

            From all of this, I’ve learned to not take the little things in life for granted, because some day all of these little memories will be all that I have. No matter how old I am, and where I end up in life I will always be daddy's little girl, and I am absolutely okay with that.  

  
These are just some pictures of my dad and I throughout the years, showing how silly our relationship is, he is and always will be my best friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment