Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Another Family Fishing Trip

A couple summers ago my family rented this beautiful cabin in Cadillac, it was on a small lake called pleasant lake. My best friend Jessica came up and stayed with us for a few days that week, and it was so much fun! We brought our boat up with us, so we went out fishing just about every day. My dad and brother caught a couple good sized pike on the first day we went out, so that turned out into a competition for the week to see who could catch the biggest fish.

We ended up spending as much time as we could out on the water, we even bought a tube so that my dad could pull us behind the boat. It was so much fun! As we continued to go out fishing every day I ended up catching a pike as well. It was the first pike that I’ve ever caught, and it was so awesome! I didn’t win the little competition that my dad and brother started, but I still enjoyed the time we had spent together! This lake that we went to was so much fun to just take the boat out for a little ride. It was just so beautiful. There was also a little aluminum boat that was at this cabin that my brother and I paddled around on the water.

Our neighbor next to us on the lake, had a little tiki hut out by the water. It was one of the coolest things that I have seen. His family came over one night and he made drinks out in the little tiki hut, it was funny.

We went to this cabin in the beginning of summer, and my mom bought us some of those Chinese lanterns for us to light while we were up there. So one night we all went out at the end of the dock and lit off one of these lanterns. We were excited to watch it float away but it just floated up a little bit and then fell into the water! We tried again, and the next one did the same thing it was quite disappointing.


Other than all of the little mishaps that happened on this trip, it was one of the best vacations that I have ever been on. I got to spend some wonderful quality time with my family and my best friend. We had so many laughs, and made so many great memories together, fishing is the best when you have your family by your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment