Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The reason I chose this topic is, fishing has always been something I have been into since the day I could walk. I love all sorts of fishing, from spending my days out on the bay during the cold winter months, to spending the day out by the pond during the summer. The many types of fishing is what makes me love it so much more!
The first time I’ve ever tried fishing was ice fishing out on the bay here in Pinconning. My dad took me out there one morning with the snowmobile, it was a terrifying experience to say the least. The snow was drifted over so bad, that the snowmobile kept tipping over! It was also one of the coldest days I could remember, and we didn’t even catch any fish.  But from there on out, my dad and I went ice fishing every winter. It was something that brought us together, we could sit out there and talk for hours about everything. My dad was, and still is my best friend, and even to this day I love to go out and go ice fishing with him. Ice fishing is by far my favorite type of fishing, because you can see straight into the water, and see when a fish is going to bite your hook. It’s just so exciting, and I absolutely love it!

This past summer, I discovered that there was a pond down the road from my house. I’ve been living in the house for five years now, and never knew anything about this pond! One day a couple friends of mine wanted to hang out, they told me we were going to go fishing, I had another pond in mind, but we stopped at the end of my road. I was so confused to what we were doing! We had to park the truck on the side of the road, and grab our fishing poles and walk out into the woods to go to this pond. The walk back there is the worst, its muddy, and the water is up to your knees! Once you get to the pond its much better though, it’s so beautiful. This pond is also filled with some good sized bass! I find pond fishing really peaceful and relaxing, it is my second favorite type of fishing. During the summer my brother and I would go out to the pond and we would go fishing all the time, and it was so much fun. We didn’t always catch anything, but it was still nice to just spend time with each other. That’s why I love fishing so much, I feel as if it brings people closer together. 

3 comments:

  1. Good job Ashley. I really enjoyed reading it. I love fishing with my grandpa at down at the lake by his house. I agree that it truly does bring people together and it is also super fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story, definitely can tell you love fishing. I enjoy fishing as well, have you ever had the chance to go steelheading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I have not had the chance to go steelheading, but I would definitely love to try it! I've heard it's lots of fun.

      Delete